Translate

Friday, March 22, 2019

Robert Lenwood Thomas, 1970 - 2019

Image may contain: 2 people, selfie and closeup i'm not going to sleep tonight, very doubtful.

this is my brother and his niece.  Robert was 2 years younger than me.  he was closest to me after my brother Jerry, especially when we were young.  he was born with some kind of pigeon toe thing, where he had the shoes with the metal bracket as a child that straightened out his feet.  he also had a stutter when he was very young. we used to make fun of the way he talked, because children are assholes by nurture and somewhat by nature as well.  he had a time of hero worship of me, which i cultivated because i felt pretty worthless and he made me feel good about myself a lot of the time.  he grew into a sad man who struggled to be happy, and i believe his wife, Lisette, did much to enhance the happiness that was in him.  he was a good man, a good brother, often depressed, recently struggling with cancer and i think it was an infection from the surgery to remove the cancer that changed the frequency of his journey on Thursday night, March 21, 2019.

he was one of my younger brothers, the fourth of the siblings to my parents, and he has gone on to another reality now.  i am very, very sad.  it seems to be a season of loss that has arrived with the equinox.  perhaps it always comes that way. 

thank you, Jehovah, for almost 49 human years with this brother of mine.  i'm glad he's in Your care now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment