Translate

Friday, March 15, 2019

my day off...



...it doesn't happen often.  definitely not often enough.  but today i didn't have to work, which is why i'm just getting this entry in on the Journey.  and admittedly, i can hypothesize at this time that there is a direct correlation between my level of depression and my willingness to look at myself.  i have to do the day to day things, if i want to continue to grow. otherwise, hanging it up now is not the worst idea i've ever had. 

anyway, it's Friday.  yesterday wasn't bad, but it was strange, and i kinda knew it would be.  nothing that requires great detail, just strange in the small things that make up a day being a bit...off, in ways.  and you have to accept that as a part of life.  you can't make day or a minute exactly what you want it to be, so you just do what you can with it, and get ready for the next one should you be so blessed.

i worked, i saw my parents, i talked to a couple people at work and a couple people outside my work life.  i ate way more things that i should have, and though it took me a minute to get to writing about it at the Dining Table, i got it all journaled today.  i got my clothes folded, though not put away.  it wasn't a complicated day, just slightly off. 

today so far, i've given my counselor a birthday card and gotten two more for other friends who have aged a year this week.  i've had lunch with Lonnie.  gone to counseling. bought my mom decaf for her to make at home and some frozen breakfast sandwiches.  got my dad's phone off emergency function.  i feel good, but i am sleepy.  and i am going to try to take a nap, though likely that won't happen til i'm in front of the TV. 

i also reloaded the mouse traps, swept the kitchen and the living room (i vacuumed my bedroom yesterday too, forgot that).  dishes are washed.  beans are put away.  turned in the application.  i've dealt with me and did the things that i needed to do today.  and i am glad that i was able to do those things without having to go to work and try to squeeze everything in between work events.  thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment