Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Easier Said than Done, I suppose...

Thursday, and blessedly, the last day of this particular work week.  the workshops have their in-service tomorrow, so most of us don't have to drive.  i have not one drop off, and i am pleased with that.  a three day weekend.  cleaning my home, getting some creative endeavors done, resetting some buttons in the control panel that have been mashed extensively to my detriment.  that kind of shit.

yesterday was a good enough day.  and by that, i mean it was a good day but my attitude, which has set like a multi-layered Jello mold at a family gathering by an old aunt (with marshmallows and fruit and shit) took me through some early changes.  people trying desperately hard to be in control of the management of the job without the consequences of their bad decisions.  but i am being a judge, of their personalities and the quality of their decisions.  truth is, i need to focus on me and me alone, not what anyone else does or does not do.  if i manage to do that, things are going to turn out well no matter what, or things will turn out in a way that i will benefit from the lesson or the blessing.  but worrying about other people's shit...that's never brought about any true satisfaction.  but i did learn something that is pretty important, and that is the need to take my headphones or my earbuds, and to work on my stuff before i roll out in the morning.

other than that, good day.  good times logged, no problems at the workshops, no issues with the clients.  was woke enough despite the lack of sleep, finished strong, ate better and aside from the need for more water in my day felt pretty good finishing up.

this morning i rose before the alarm and dismissed it early, said my prayers, went in the bathroom and shaved and showered, have had coffee and water, read scripture and meditations, took my pills and insulin, folded my clothes from the dryer and am lotioned and dressed.  no need to even warm up the car, as it's almost 50 degrees out already, so i'm going to do some creative writing today, i believe.  and i feel pretty good.

a concern is the fact that i'm still blowing my nose, and thick mucus and blood is still coming out.  but i did call my doctor's office.  because i go to One Health, i found my doctor is gone and i've been assigned to someone else, and i don't want to go in to someone new with a problem like this, because they don't know me and will ask me to do strange shit to deal with it.  so, i'll just deal, with a better strength and stamina level, with a resolve to move forward, and with the blessing of life today.  i thank my Father for the day ahead, and for the lessons of yesterday.

oh, and the Dining Room is opened again as well, so there's that.  i'm trying...
(feedindaface.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment