Translate

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Saturday...

i had company yesterday, which is why i didn't log.  excuses, excuses...

it wasn't a bad day, in fact it was a good friday.  work was not hard, the day went rather smoothly and i had no complaints.  i was moving toward some out of town time, but i realized i needed to conserve some funds and decided to stay put.  my sister was on her way to town with her boyfriend and child and that gave me a chance to see her and them as well.  counseling was sad, as my counselor has experienced some serious losses lately.  i'm not much good at comforting, i realize lately.  there's so much hurt going around, so much loss, so many people in pain, i guess maybe part of the 'staying in the middle' thing that i default to is a counter-balance to my empathetic nature.  i know of so much sorrow that if i felt it all as i used to, i'd probably just lay under my bed.  but i grieve for her and with her and my prayers are with her and so many others right now.

today i had a gout flare.  i did pray and read and medicate, i've been working on this all day and think i'll be okay tomorrow.  i managed to clean my bathroom some and had time to visit my parents, see my sister, visit Lonnie and get the stuff that Marc brought by for me up on the porch and in the house.  but i did take my cane out today.  and i didn't unbundle myself, as i don't trust this weather still.  at this rate, i might be wearing a coat in June. 

i hope i can get my mind clear on my evening friday.  i'll talk more about it when i have it clear in my head.  but i am grateful to my Father for seeing me through this gout flare, and for watching over my friends who are going through it right now. 

The Dining Room

No comments:

Post a Comment