Translate

Saturday, April 14, 2018

good bye, 49

 well, it's almost done now.
49, good bye now.
it's been fun (well, kinda),
glad you'll be behind,
uh, can you close the door, please?
April's got a winter breeze...
 what a year it has been,
moved and then moved again.
broke up with my girlfriend,
daughter left school, and then
pregnant with her boyfriend...
boy, the fun never ends...
 parents keep on going,
brother scrapping and not slowing,
book collection growing,
my coat i keep sewing.
grandchild finally showing,
too much that i'm knowing...
it's down to the last now.
time is moving fast now.
the hills rising, past now,
all downhill and fast now.
love is still my motive,
light one more prayer votive,
whisper to Jehovah,
'thanks for letting me know you'...
working with good people,
(but they're so damn cheap...whoa...)
took a furtive leap, yo,
up to my neck, deep, though,
when i think about it,
i chose not to doubt it,
chose to be about it,
now i'm going to shout it.
50 years, a blessing,
so many damn lessons,
but nothing would i change,
from the staid to the strange,
for i love my 'right here'...
so i guess i'll stay here.


today was good.  nothing eventful.  it's the day before the odometer rolls.  i've enjoyed my last day at 49, i thank Jehovah for life and love and friendship, for family and shelter and food for my body and my spirit.  whatever comes, it is still one day at a time.  good bye, 49.  see you tomorrow, 50. 

wolfflow05.wixsite.com/zphylespublishing

No comments:

Post a Comment