Translate

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Fifteen...

counting down days until my birthday.  i'm not really all that excited, but i do plan on writing a collection of poetry to release that day, and so that turns me on a bit. 

it hasn't been a bad weekend, hasn't been a bad day for sure.  i grilled yesterday, so dinner was pretty much ready for today.  when i got up i was slow motion, knowing this is the last day before going back to work, so there was stuff that would have to be cut short and other things to do early.  i said my prayer, went downstairs to dry the clothes i'd washed the day before and got my medicine down.  i made my breakfast and ate and read my meditation books and bible.  i got the clothes from the dryer after i had cleaned the kitchen and i just kind of hung out until meeting time. 

the meeting was small as usual.  i'd forgotten i volunteered to chair this month, but that's cool too.  i'm grateful for the opportunity, grateful to be alive.  after the meeting i went to my parent's house, made their dinner and talked to my mom. 

i came home, made my dirty rice, heated up my meal and ate.  i've watched some television, washed dishes.  i have to get a pot of coffee ready for the morning and then it's a done deal til 4am. 

i cooked a lot of food, but i honestly don't feel the urge to gorge myself.  i've eaten to the point of being fuller than i normally am (good, GOOD ribs) but that's not an issue either.  Tuesday i'll take the food to my parent's house.  maybe tomorrow, as my mom did allude to my father eating half the meatloaf i made this evening.  nonetheless, i only made what i made because it was what i wanted, not because i am still in 'overcook' mode from being a father and having company and companionship.  i feel okay.  i'll sleep well enough.  and i am looking forward to resuming work tomorrow.  i thank Jehovah for a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment