Translate

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

A Day of a Cold

i don't know.  this was an exceptionally good day, and admitting it is not a problem for me.  but yesterday wasn't bad either, and point of fact is, i've not had a lot of really bad days lately.  i'm glad to say that, but i don't want to get to where i am forgetting to keep track of the good, because that's just as important as keeping track of the bad or the questionable.  in fact, at times moreso. 
yesterday i was up and out with the usual doings.  i prayed and read and took my meds on my new schedule and i got dressed and had breakfast and took off.  but i'd been congested for some days, had been headache-y for a while and was just weary, like i couldn't get it going at all for a moment or three.  in the end, when i left work, it was because the Boss is trying to get a card for the residents for me for my birthday, and the timing was fortuitous.  i had no problem with it, and was flattered to leave for that purpose.  when i got home, i did a couple of things, baked a chicken, had soup and medicine, slept, watched some television, just chilled.  did me a world of good to be honest. 

today was the same, without the weariness. but in the morning, rather than cooking, i went to speedway and got two grill roll up thingies and a starbucks double shot in the can.  without the water pill in the morning, it did me justice. 

at my parent's house, my mom was gone to get her hair done.  i talked to my dad briefly, hung out, watched some television and went to my meeting.  small, but several people i've not met before which always makes me feel good.  we were doing the 12th Tradition. most people don't really like the traditions, or aren't really taught the importance of them.  i had to leave a bit early as i had to get some lunch. 

the morning and afternoon runs were really nice.  laughing and joking, and smiles from unlikely places.  at this time (1822) i've finished dinner, dishes and sweeping the kitchen floor.  i'm laying down catching up.  waiting for my new book proofs to come in.  though i'm going to take time tomorrow to get my ad campaign started.  they're not serious works, but they are birthday books, so i am obligated to do it up. 
i am grateful for a good day like this, as it is nice to not have all days of feeling a loss.  i still miss Rachel, but its okay for now.  thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment