Translate

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Raise

there was a lot of fog in Newton Falls yesterday. it seems to be a place that lends itself to murky mornings.  i love to take some pictures along the route, especially the point in the morning when the sun just starts to rise, and the fog stubbornly tries to hold on to the day.  it's at that point that i see the spirit of the world, and i had the thought yesterday, not accurate i'm sure but comforting, that maybe this is when God Jehovah is closest to me, when the cloud descends as it did in Moses' day, and he walks about unseen but felt.  there is a comfort in that, to be sure.  and a fear, because to not see and to continue going, that is almost the human manifestation of 'faith', isn't it?

yesterday was a light day, and one of those every now and then is good for the soul.  i had three clients going out, two going home.  i got up slowly, did my prep stuff, got to work a bit later than usual, i did my morning run, went to the optometrist appointment, got my lunch and finished the day.  l had my review from work, of which i had to do the first part myself, and i got a raise and feel good about that.  i feel good, not so much because of the money, but because i honestly am trying to be a good employee.  it is not ideal; i would love if i had the assurance that cards were being dealt from the top of the deck, so to speak.  but my assurance is in things not seen, and whatever else i believe, i know God has my back. 

i am staying on my eating plan, staying more physically active.  i'm going to try my best to get this weight down so i can start this treatment.  but for now, i have to just keep rolling, despite the fog, and keep singing because the song must be sung. 

thank you, Jehovah, for allowing me to know the road hasn't changed, even if i can't see it for the murkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment