Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2018

ReStore to sanity

so today i didn't have a lot to do, and i chose not to manufacture things to fill in the large swatches of blank canvas.  i got up and got my prayer in, and i got my meds taken and my books read and had coffee.  and i waited, as i had a breakfast date today and they were slow rolling this morning, as any sane person would have been.  but it was someone who i felt kind of bad for not staying in touch with and so i had consented to breakfast and i try to stay up on my word these days.  so from the 5 in the am that i was up to the almost nine-thirty that we were seated in the restaurant, it was just marking time.  but breakfast was good, the company wasn't bad and i got on with my day afterward.

i had a list for the store so i went to get some things.  i was in Struthers, so i went to the ReStore and purchased a sofa for Syd, and i went to IGA and Family Dollar and got some things that were on my list, everything for the most part.  on my way home i stopped at a thrift store on Jacobs but their lights were out, which i attributed to nothing right away but did in a few moments.

i'd gotten stuff to throw on the grill and i got home and unloaded my things and came in the house to find the power out.  attribution, i know.  a huge power outage apparently, at least as far as Campbell and Coitsville and maybe further than that.  i got my stuff as put away as i could, wanting to keep the fridge and freezer doors shut to preserve the cold, in case it was dark longer than i anticipated.  it wasn't though, which was cool.  i did my prep, got things started and got the grill lit and my meat on.  the power came back on but i was already in motion by that point.  then i finished my cooking, ate and my brother came by and had a plate and we had a good conversation.

i have spent this day doing leisure stuff, and i'm okay with that.  tomorrow is the meeting, and getting ready for the work week ahead.  today i am grateful to Jehovah for allowing me to continue growing and changing.

The Dining Table

No comments:

Post a Comment