Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

...you caught me smiling...

that's the title of a Sly Stone song that I love.  it's how i'm feeling this evening, I guess. my counselor informed me that 10 and 2 are no longer the correct positions for one's hands due to the proliferation of airbags in cars.  i know i am a dinosaur, feel it more acutely every day, and though i know it wasn't intentional, it was like she just casually carbon dated me and found me a fossil.  so i'm smiling, just thinking about how much things change, and how much they stay the same after all.

my back is still hurting, my gout has faded back some, and i'm tired but not like yesterday.  i got up with prayer and coffee, saw Syd off and had my breakfast, an omelet and the other bagel half.  I got to the training in more than enough time and liberated another muffin for Syd.  the classes were pretty much the same.  i am sure that i can pass the certification test, i'm going to put in study time every day to make sure that happens.  well, tomorrow and thursday anyway.  tomorrow morning, tomorrow when i get in from training.

I got in and called TF to see how she was, and of course she's still romancing the heaviness of her grief.  I don't mean to imply that she's not legitimately sad; hell, both her parents are gone from this world.  but i know she is into drama, though she pretends not to be, and i know for some people it just comes naturally.  i also called TP, who is very ill but that didn't stop her from talking for about twenty minutes straight about things i don't care anything about at all.  it's a strange thing, friendship.  that's what you have to do sometimes.  just shut up, let someone run until they've exhausted their crazy and then go on about your business.  it's all good.

i just want to crash, get up and get wednesday under my belt.  tired.  but i'm still smiling.  obviously i couldn't pass a driving test today if i don't even know where to put my hands.  and the really strange thing is, not being able to pass wouldn't even mean i wouldn't pass in a world like this.  Thanks, God, for humor despite the insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment