Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2018

today, yesterday...tomorrow?



so, it's saturday evening.  i'm recapping from two days, don't know exactly what happened yesterday, aside from being sort of put out by my doctor visit.  but that's neither here nor there, lots of excuses but no reasons, you know?

so, yesterday i was off work, and it was nice.  but i forgot to turn off my alarm so i was still up at 4am.  didn't matter, lazing around is never a bad thing when you can.  i got up eventually, had my breakfast and moved as much as i had to.  i had counseling still, so after my meds and readings and prayer i got dressed and made my way to my parent's house.  i went to the store first, got paper towels and trash bags, got my mom some decaf coffee and some liquid creamer.  i made her a pot of coffee, talked some politics with my dad and then went to counseling.  it was a good session, but something about being in VF's office relaxes me to pieces.  i was nodding to beat the band.  after that, i went to Scenna's where Lonnie, Joshua and I had lunch.  i worry about Joshua, having my own thoughts about his state of existence these days, but it's not my business and no one has asked me what i think. 

after that, i was very tired, so i came home, think i took a bit of a nap.  then i cleaned the surfaces in my bathroom and my kitchen, and i made myself some dinner later in the day.  SH came by and we did her 3rd step.  she did a good job on it, and i'm glad, and hopes she continues forward, but that's in her God's hands now.  she has a lot to offer the program, to offer those looking for a good heart and a sharp mind too.  but she has to clear out the closets of her soul.  it's not easy to want to do that.

after she left, i started shutting it down.  not easy as i had a late cup of coffee, but i got there, and i woke to today.  at some point during the night my dad called about the toilet being clogged.  he called back to say he had it unclogged, but i didn't listen to either message til morning.  i made a decision not to, to stay in bed,to lay still and be cool.  in the morning, i said my prayer, put on coffee and went north.  got to my parent's house, brought the paper in, turned on the coffee pot, saw the toilet was no longer clogged and kept it moving.  i went to wal-mart for some things i needed.  came home, had my own coffee and my medicine and readings, and i had breakfast.  i slowly worked on my song, on my cleaning.  i didn't rush anything; enjoying my time off seemed more important. 

i did make a soup, i got a drum track i am happy with and a bass line for the verses done, but i need one for the bridge that is eluding me at the moment.  Syd and Joe and LZ came by, and i spent time with them, playing with the baby and feeding him and putting him to sleep.  i had soup for dinner, am now laying in bed and i feel pretty good, not sorry to say.  i imagine i'll go to the meeting tomorrow, should i awaken, but i haven't made up my mind yet.  i only know i'm going to thank Jehovah for a good day today, and keep moving toward whatever comes after this particular moment in my history.  i'm done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment