Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Growth

nope, no attempt at faux gangster status, no braggadocio, no attempt to seduce someone into an ongoing and fruitless chain meme or email. 

this is $700 from my bank, now reduced to a five dollar bill, which was change for the repairs that were done to my car.  it is something.  it felt like something in my hand.  it felt like, FUCK THAT CAR, just take the money and go do something YOU WANT TO DO.  it felt that way for about 20 seconds.  i can admit that. 

thing is, this picture represents something to me, something that may not come again, something that may not last, but right now, i'm good with it. 

i'll get to it at the end.

so i got up this morning, groggy groggy.  i think it's the weather, this rain and shit is good for keeping me sluggish.  but i got up.  i said my prayer, i got out of the bed and got it started.  my ankle was hurting just as bad as it had been the day before so i was moving slowly and stiffly, and i only did the essentials.  except for breakfast, where i was a bit indulgent.  but i got medicine taken and books and scripture read, and i did eat and i did get dishes washed and was ready to roll.  i got to work, got my pre-trip done, got my paperwork together and got it moving. 

it has been a rainy day, off and on.  when i picked up my first client, who is wheelchair-bound, it was pouring and the experience was miserable for myself, for him and his mother, who brought him to the conveyance.  it took longer than usual, as his chair was not functioning properly and we were both good and soaked by the time it was over.  then the rain practically stopped.  i love the humour of nature. 

the other pick-up was fine, i got them there on time, my third guy was sick again.  i got back to the shop, got to my parent's house from there and passed out.  i woke up to return a call that had come from the shop that had my car, telling me it was ready.  i thanked them, contacted my brother for a ride there but he was hustling, so i asked my dad if he'd drop me there, which he did.  the total was $695 and change but he was gracious enough to just give me a $5 back.  amazing, anyway.  the car sounds like new.  some kind of strange knocking from beneath the dash board that wasn't there before, and if it persists i'll inform the shop.  but it got me back to work to finish the day.  it was nice spending time with my mom and dad for the past couple days and i thanked them both for helping me get things together. 

the end of the day went smoother than the beginning other than some kind of parking thing going on at Purple Cat, which may or may not be a real thing.  but we got loaded, got the 3rd from the one down the hill, i got them home and got back to the shop to find i have an extra assignment tomorrow.  no big deal. 

i've scheduled a payment for next month for King Size, as i forgot to make my payment and found they offered that as an option, though not one, perhaps, if you're slightly in the red already.  but i'll talk to them and let them know.  i had dinner, i have showered and shaved, i'm about to put clothes away and get my clothes out for tomorrow, and i'm going to take my night meds and shut it down. 

i haven't forgotten.

here's the thing.  my car's ball joint fell apart, and the control arm gave up the ghost.  fixing those things eliminated the clatter and whining and squealing the car had been making, which means they were bad the whole time i've been driving that car.  and i've driven it with my grandson in the car, and i've driven it to Columbus and back at higher speeds.  what if it had given out in either of those scenarios?  second thing is, i took the route that took me past my parent's house, and the car gave it up about six houses down the street from them.  i drove it on three wheels, with those breaks having happened, which shredded a wire panel in the front of the car, that had my emergency lights not working and one flasher stuck on, not even flashing.  but it got me to the church, across the street from their house, where i brought in my clothes to wash, asked my mom to borrow her car, and got out the door.  i wasn't even late for work that day. 

biggest thing, maybe, maybe not, is this:  I HAD THE MONEY. 
that money represents my saving, my not spending, my IN-come.  from work, from whatever.  i had the money to get my car fixed.  and that is by God's grace, because i have forever had to go to someone to get things done, the major shit anyway.  i considered it an honor to be able to make that payment, and i'm going to feel sad anytime a substantial amount just flies away from me.  but at the same time, i'm going to thank Jehovah for the provisions.  i am truly grateful.  and i've got a couple bucks left over too. 

so, enough for today, thank you Father, and i'm done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment