Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Old Man Brain...or, OMB syndrome (new thing in 2019)

it is the end of another Sunday.  last week, i was in this bed, having driven for about 2 and a half hours from Columbus in a car with no air, running about 100 degrees the entire way.  this time, much cooler and no road trip, but i'm still sleepy.  i've been doing some things, and i'm pretty sure i'm going to do a couple more before the night is done.  but for now, let's log and blog and Journey.

start with getting up this morning.  it was one of those rough mornings, but i was determined it was going to be a 'get your ass out of the bed and move it' rough mornings, so i said my prayer and moved my ass.  i had breakfast, took my insulin and medicine, read my meditation books (just finished this evening with scriptures) and i put some dishes away, washed some others and shaved my face and head and took a shower.  before the shower and shave, i grabbed coffee and ice water and my bag of clothes from yesterday's laundry junket and i went upstairs to put my clothes away and work on some music.  i couldn't get anything done with the groove yet, but i started editing the lyrics for proper singing, and that was cool.  then i came down, groomed, ordered wings for our pot-luck today and i got ready for the meeting.  i also put a smoked turkey neck, red onion chopped and some chicken boullion in water with seasonings, cooked them down and turned them off so they'd be ready for my green beans this eveining for tomorrow's business cookout for the client's money (i mean, for the CLIENTS).

so, i went to pick up wings, got gas at that time, and went to the meeting.  we were doing the chapter entitled To Wives, which is always a bit sad and melancholy to me as it speaks of something that could have made my growing up a lot different, as does The Family Afterward.  regardless, the pot-luck was cool, the meeting went well and i went to the store afterward.  i got stuff not only to make my green beans for tomorrow but to make a chicken marinara for later in the week dinner, but left all but the green beans at the store.  embarrassing.  i called to see if i can come get my shit on Tuesday, as i know i'm not making it there tomorrow.  but i probably won't, it wasn't even five dollars worth of stuff. 

i got home, got to cooking, talked to several people, got my dinner and my meal for later in the week done, ate, got my green beans in the crock pot to be packaged and delivered tomorrow.  i'm tired now, but that's not unusual.  i'm glad that the day is just about over.  it's been productive, not in any great and unusual way, but activity is activity when your mind and body are on spiritual shutdown. 

apple for dessert.  thank you, Jehovah, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment