Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

the Delay

it's been a minute, hasn't it?  i know, i got a reminder the other day, this very morning in fact. and the time has gotten away a bit, and i'm sorry for that, it was unintentional.  but i realize i'm very tired, inside and out, and this time off what exactly what i needed, though i'm losing money and will have a very short check next week.  having to make choices like that, sanity versus bill money, is trifling, it is the mark of a sociopathic employment situation.  and no one bothers to challenge such precepts in a way that might force a change to come about.  so it goes on.  but i am more important to me than any of the clients i work with, than any of the pay i might receive.  if i don't treat myself as that important, then i am just a thing to be burned out and disposed of, and i will not allow that to happen by my silent consent. 

in the days off, i've cleaned some, eaten, visited my parents.  i've cooked, had time with my grandson and my child and her other, with my parents and with Rachel.  i've talked to my baby sister, i've stayed in touch with Lonnie.  i've been to 2 meetings this week.  i'm going to rest and work on my own stuff tomorrow.  and i wanted to just drop some words and a picture here, to thank everyone for thinking about me and making sure i can't hide in the ether this time.  thank you, Father, for keeping me rolling in spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment