Translate

Friday, April 29, 2016

morning drifting

(this entry was written on April 26th.  I don't know why i didn't post it, but i am posting it with this notice because i'm trying to stay consistent and honest)

I started today as well as I should have.  I didn't kneel to pray, because in the early morning cramps were setting in, but i did sit on the edge of my bed and bow my head and give the day to God.  Then i got my gym clothes on and had a cup of coffee.  I opened the door to rain and warmth and felt, for the first time, that spring is here.  I went to the gym for half an hour, working on weight machines.  I came home and began editing THE GIRL BEHIND THE GLASS's cover, wanting to redo the cover that i did yesterday with different font.  after Syd left for school i had breakfast and began to plot out the rest of the day.

breakfast was:  two egg omelet with peppers, onion, diced ham and pepper jack cheese and one biscuit.

Lunch:  thinking a chicken salad (as I still have a breast prepared from yesterday) and soup.

Dinner:  pork chops, baked sweet potato and zucchini.

I did the butterfly press machine, the seated curl machine, the calf developer, the seated bench press and the leg press set at 350.  my knee felt a bit wonky but nothing major.

early speculation.  i now have two books pretty much in the can.  i have more books that i intend to write.  i am going to work on poetry for SOCIOPATHETIC while i get my promotional material and creations together.  this is going to work, but i have to do it in the way that people are accustomed to receiving information these days.  I'd spoken to VF about it a few months ago, that I knew how to do this but I just wanted for once to do things because i could and have someone respond to the quality of my work.  the adult part of me, accustomed to pain, wants to think that there is no 'quality to my work' and then i can feel sorry for myself.  but toti knows better.  i'm a good writer and i'm getting better.  so it's time to focus on becoming a good marketer, a good salesman and a good self-promoter.  that's when this will start to fall in place.  and there's nothing wrong with focusing on how to be successful, because that's the only way it's going to happen.

so, we'll see what the day brings.  waiting for cable guy, should be here by 10, about to run to the store for dinner stuff and lunch stuff and i'm doing the big chill.  more later maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment