Translate

Monday, April 4, 2016

nothing special and good

good day today.  better day than the first time i went shadowing anyway.  more informative.  and i guess my irritability is lifting.  but i'm not enjoying this cold weather.

got up with prayer.  didn't hit the gym.  figured right that i'd be doing some walking today.  had eggs and grits for breakfast.  gathered clothes to wash, books to return to library and went to Help Hotline.  didn't get to see their staff meeting but went out on the streets again.  went back to St. Vincent, then down into the tent areas beneath the city line.  met a guy who has lived his entire life in a tent beneath the city line.  made me sad, but it was nice to see someone having contact with him and seeming to care genuinely.  I had a chance to eat a meal at St Vincent, not bad.  i didn't want to as the people there are likely far more in need than i am at this point in my life.  but the director told us to eat and so we did.

I left a bit after 12, went to the library and to the store to get food to cook for dinner.  I went to my mom's house, did a load of clothes, got my dad's tv back on the station, talked to my mother, sent Syd and her friend Joe to get my dad a new remote for his cable upstairs.  I took my clothes home to dry, prepped and cooked my dinner while folding my clothes i ate and did some writing.

it wasn't much of a day, but it was peaceful.  i called the cable and trash people and got some billing things straight.  tried to pay my trash bill online but couldn't bring up a billing screen.  things are going well.  i'm not complaining at all.  not today.  i emailed the director of NKRC and asked about the recovery coach position so i could make a decision about which job i'm going to take.  i'm going to the gym in the morning.  going to lunch with Lonnie tomorrow.  talked to R for quite some time today.  feel good.  it's not unusual, but i have to keep practicing acceptance of that.  and in the meantime, just keep stepping forward.  thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment