Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Mind of 1000 Pictures

so, what can i say?  a week left, a week at my current job, and then it's off to the next adventure.  and in fine fettle, i decided to bring some people together, to have a dinner on Saturday past, a chance to spend some time with some people from work that i genuinely care about, that precious few.  i am personally convinced it went well, though there may be some contention about that from others.  but i'll get it in from here, because there were no pictures taken that i know of.

start with the fact of being up on Friday night, rolling meat balls and preparing a red sauce for the pasta, which was cooked on Saturday.  this along with some basic cleaning, trying to minimize the detritus so my whole Saturday wouldn't be just cleaning and cooking.  but i did set an alarm for about 6:30am on Saturday, and when i got up i said my prayer, went to get some breakfast and went to the laundrymat.  got my clothes and bath mats washed, waited for the Dollar Tree to open to get some other things i needed for meal service, then i came back home.  i cleaned, i cooked, i put my salad together.  eventually the One Who Shall Not Be Named Here showed up, and we hung out a bit while i finished the last parts of the cooking.  then i went to get ice while she went to get some things she'd wanted to pick up for the gathering.  i made my punch and people started showing up.  Natalie (never mentioned here before, i don't think) showed up with her friend Brandi and not long afterward, everyone else showed up.  we prayed, ate dinner and the young ones played Scrabble while we older 3 watched the television. not long into that time/space continuum, Nat had to split and so did the One, and the Gentry clan followed suit, leaving me here to check my thoughts on everything.  the food was good but simple, everyone had a chance to eat and to relax.  there was a rather abrupt ending to the get together, but there's nothing more really to report on it.  don't know if we'll ever get together to do it again, but it did happen this time and if it does come around ragain it won't be with me employed where i am now. 

had my meeting today, otherwise spent most of the day in bed.  resting, recouping from the dinner.  the meeting was okay, a good number of people there.  went to see my parents, made sure they had food, got myself some dinner, ate it on my way home and now i'm ready to fade.  i'm ready for Monday, as ready as i'm going to be, i suppose.  i am grateful to my Heavenly Father, for bringing me to this day's ending, and may Your will be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment