Translate

Saturday, November 9, 2019

ACCESS TO A LIFE





A chapter closed.  yesterday was my last day at work.  I would like to say a lot of things, but I won't.  there's no need.  over the past 2 years I've spoken on all the things that have vexed and plagued me, I've spoken on my love and my hate and my pain and my pleasure.  I've spoken on my losses and my gains.  and now i'm at the end of that road and i'm heading toward a new adventure.  i'm good with it.  I think I am.  i'm sure I am, to be honest.  

but what's it like?  what was the last day like?  would it be surprising to find that it was like so many of the not-last days?  stupidity that masqueraded as someone else's fault?  on my part as well, likely.  it was cold, we ran late, there was a lot of disorder.  no one seems to know that i'm moving on to a new job, and i'm not sure why that news hasn't happened but that's okay.  I've been seen, i'm sure, as rather closed mouthed and difficult to read, and that doesn't need to change.  but I have been invited to the Christmas party, and that's a good notion.  likely won't go though.

went to dinner with Lateashia yesterday, a place where they just keep bringing meat to your table.  it was a nice time, a nice dinner, and I enjoyed myself very much.  just up from the meat coma, trying to get the day shaking.  decided just now against doing laundry today, as i'd rather get some financial matters caught up, get this stuff emailed to Nicole so she can be the newsletter lady and get dinner ready for my child and her menagerie.  

nice to be sitting in my kitchen typing on my laptop.  nice to have this moment of getting some things moving.  thankful to Lamarcus for fixing this beast for me, thankful for the past 2 years, for the friends and love I've found and for the road that now stretches out ahead.  grateful to Jehovah for allowing me to know the abundance of my blessings, and for allowing me to know that i'm blessed far beyond what I may think I know.  okay, time to make the donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment