Translate

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Breaking Orbit...

it's a new day.  Wednesday.  first day back to the job since last Thursday.  I feel pretty good.  I got up sluggish, looking for excuses to not exercise, then I got up and got them in.  said my prayers, took my medicine, read my meditation and scripture, just finished breakfast and it's about a quarter to six.  Sent out my good morning texts.  now i'm going to wash up and get dressed, get there early so I can get my schematics lined up for the day.

funny, the change to this new vibe hasn't been as extreme as I thought it would be.  at PCS, I would just now be pulling up to the building, maybe in another 10 minutes.  I would unlock the door with the key in the lockbox outside, I would turn on the lights, get my paperwork together, get coffee started and do my pre-trip on my bus.  here, I will pull up about 7, get into the building with Rebecca, the primary receptionist, get the printout of pick-ups for the day, go over my times and miles, make sure the van is okay, which just means no flat tire, gas in the vehicle and ascertaining whether it needs some cleaning.  then i'll wait until it's time to grab my first person and i'll get it going.  I may take my tablet today, try to be constructive between riders.  that was my plan anyway, since i'm taking my carrying case with me.  but it will mostly be done for me, and all I have to do is maintain competence.

that's not to say I don't miss the other job.  I miss some of the people, all of the clients I've dealt with.  but I thought adjusting times and habits would be harder than this.  maybe it will yet.  I don't think there's a timetable for change.

anyway, I have done some productive things over the past couple days.  been to my foot doctor, reached out to the editor of the Buckeye Review to see if he has anything for me to write, and to ask both those individuals to consider networking the friend who goes unnamed, to help her get a hand up to some next level shit.  I've been in touch with Syd, and am thinking on how I can be of assistance to her.  she's never out of the equation, but I know she is trying, and she is laboring under the weight of some of her prior neglect for development, and I know what that's like, as she probably got that from me too.  so I will help her learn to help herself, and I will help her maintain until she can.  but I won't carry her.  I've seen the results of that in lives close to me, and I see no good outcome from it.

I am ready to get this day moving.  it feels as if i'm actually moving now, as if things have finally started again.  like, the silence of the engines stops being noticeable until they start again, then you realize how damn quiet it's been.  but i'm going to get dressed, get myself ready to pull out and get this day under my belt.  3 work days, the weekend, one work day, then two days off.  can't really complain about that kind of work week.  thank you, Jehovah, for setting me on this new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment