Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

this is going to be a rough day, i'm afraid.
but life goes on.

it's about 130 now.  tuesday morning.  i have a gout flare in my left foot, treating it as best i can.  no gabapentin today, took one last night and i don't do a lot of that.  prednisone, allopurinol and colcrys. cherry juice, bought for me by my friend and benefactor VF.  it's helping, slowly. 

yesterday was a good day.  i got through work fairly well, clients were in good spirits.  i saw my mom, made her a sandwich, got coffee ready to brew this morning for her.  had a good lunch, a not as good dinner but not as bad.  minimal sweets.  i've been feeling kinda rough.  got a cold, got my breathing off.  i go through this, but i have to be careful.  sometimes it feels as if my heart meds aren't working quite right, but i can never be sure of that. 

what's with this early morning thing?  balance.  i could have gone right back to sleep, but nothing in me felt that the course to take.  it's amazing how little interest i have in former things.  isolation is sort of the norm now, and i don't like that, but i'm not horrified by it.  i talk to Rachel, but she is in the midst of another storm, and i don't even try to get time out of it.  we did go to dinner on Friday, but that was exception rather than the rule.  everyone is in a period of tumult, it would seem.  my daughter's time is coming. my grandson's as well.  mine also, it would seem.  but what is there to do, except remain faithful and walk in truth and spirit?

i am taking my parents the rest of the ribs and chicken i did on Saturday.  gonna take the 2nd in command a plate also.  i'm about to get up, take my shower and shave, get myself ready for the work day ahead.  no point wasting time laying here doing nothing. 

i woke up with my back drenched in sweat.  i've had very vivid dreams lately.  something is coming, i know that for sure.  but there is no advantage to be gained by preparing for phantoms.  you can fight what has substance.  you cannot fight possibilities. 

thank you, Jehovah, for a life with purpose and substance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment