Translate

Monday, December 10, 2018

New Week

its monday morning now.  the weekend officially ended, the work week come again.  it's funny, almost a year now of constant employment, and i tend to still think of it in terms of how unusual it is.  a life spent on the cusp of working, of always being close to not having a job at any particular time.  i thought i'd work for Menendian's in columbus until i was done working, thought perhaps i could finish my years at West.  never know, never know.

i'm up.  the weekend was okay.  Saturday was not eventful, and i needed it to not be.  i rested, i let my right leg not have to go through anymore than need be.  i also pulled back a bit from the new Rachel chapter, knowing that i would do well not to feed it until it becomes a 'need', but allow it to remain a wanted intermission to my regular life.  maybe not even conscious, but definitely true.  she is still struggling to get to her own surface, and i cannot help her get there.  i can only pray for her success and keep moving in my own vehicle, and be grateful that i've got one.

yesterday i got a coin from my friends at the meeting.  i had purchased myself a 30 year coin, but i got another one that is a keeper, i think.  it made me a bit sad, because it was like Johnnie had put it on their hearts to get me one, and i don't usually even bother anymore.  i just try to remember the work that i'm there to do.  then i went to visit Nancy, and i saw Zeus, their husky, and he still seems sad that Johnnie's not there, as does Nancy, as am I.  never good to be sad, always good to know you're not the only one grieving.  i got two of his coffee travel cups, that he always brought to meetings with him, and some knives which is weird, and some canned goods he asked for but never got to eat, which is also weird.  but weird was not beyond our pale.

almost time to go.  got 2 more weeks, then off for a little while.  need some me time, some rest and creativity time.  got to get ready to switch gears in 2019, get my ass back in production mode.  but for now, gratitude and appreciation.  thank you, Jehovah, for a new day and a good enough life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment