Translate

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Lawd...



well.  it's Tuesday.  December 24th.  an interesting day, an interesting hour, to be sure.  to start with, i'm still sick.  i've been sick for awhile, but that's nothing new.  whatever this shit is that's going around is not playing; it is a whole new level of aggressive 'fuck-u-muthafucka' kinda viral infection.  it has beat me the fuck up like a gang of teens on meth, it has brought me as low as skid row, and to make matters worse, it decided to travel from my head down into my belly.  so now i'm squirting from my ass, just bubble-guts and trying to maintain forward momentum. well.  we do what we have to do.

my mother is in the kitchen chopping an onion.  she started chopping two onions last night.  i decided to wait, as i don't want her to feel like she can't help at all.  at the same time, my energy level is iffy, and i can only hope to work with efficiency and skill, so as to make my time in the kitchen as productive and brief as possible.  i will, however, be staying here tonight, so i can take my time for the most part.  but i hate the wait, though i like that she's trying to help.\

the second driver quit, so i'll have some extra days at work until they hire a new person.  i did not know him as a person, so i have no pros or cons about him quitting other than the inconvenience, and losing a worker when two people share all the responsibility will never be convenient.  but i can say i admire his stand-up-ness.  he came in yesterday, as he said he would, to work my shift while i went to the doctor.  if not for that, he would have quit on Monday, I suppose.  but he kept his word.  that's mostly all you can ask of a man, to be true to what he says.  of course, you should ask more, but that's enough. 

time for me to get started in the kitchen.  don't know what exactly i'm starting on, but it's gonna be good.  menu for tomorrow:

Turkey
Spiral Ham
Cabbage
Green Beans
sMashed potatoes
Mac N Cheese
Biscuits
sweet potato pie
peach cobbler
cake & brownies

think that's about enough.  i give a fuck about X-mas, but i like to cook for people.  we'll call it a draw.

thank you, Father, for the strength to get through work today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment