Translate

Sunday, February 24, 2019

the sick got me...

one truly sucky thing about winter especially...eventually, most people you know are going to be sick.  and when that happens, there's practically no chance of avoiding it yourself.  so whatever this upper respiratory thing is that's been going around, i've got some degree of it myself now.  have been fighting it for weeks, but it got the best of me.  i am glad, to be honest.  the fight itself is what shows the strength of the individual.  at least, in the old way of doing things.  i didn't hide from it; bus passengers sick, co-workers sick, Rachel sick, i dealt with them all.  but it finally got me too.  yesterday i woke coughing and weary.  but i had to do the things i had to do to take care of me and my life.  i went to the store and got stuff for a healing soup, lotsa garlic and greens.  then i got meds and cough drops.  i liquidated and marinated and ate soup.  i feel some better today, but that's likely just the aesthetics of wanting to feel better.  but the mind is it's own place.  so, i'm just getting in gear for monday, if i am blessed with a monday to come.

otherwise, it's been pretty mundane.  i tried to do some singing on friday, but i couldn't get the tone right, because of the congestion.  i did get some help on Saturday, as far as Rachel making me a grilled cheese sandwich and some tea, and that was nice.  counseling was cool, and there hasn't been much more stupidity at work.  i'm planning on making dinner tonight, just because, and taking a shower and doing my grooming so i can be ready for tomorrow.  i feel pretty good, other than being sick.  and yes, with a computer right in front of me, it seemed a good idea to just log something quick before i roll out.  going to catch brunch with Marc and then the meeting, and have to pick up a couple things for my dinner tonight.

i'm grateful for my life, for convalescence and i am thankful to Jehovah for giving me the sense to write today.  and now, i'm done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment