Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Change, Regardless...

So, things are moving. There are some things I will write on tomorrow, but I need some regularity in my habits and this should help.  I apologize for the length of time between posts, as I've said before. But some things clarify themselves after time, and you can reflect on them a bit deeper.

So, I went to lunch with my daughter & grandson. It was very good to see then both, very good to be around him. I didn't hold him, due to. But I enjoyed his company, and he seemed to enjoy mine. He's developing well, and as his mother was at that age, he is very sociable. I can honestly say I'm thankful I was taught to be more open and friendly in my recovery, so I didn't saddle my child with that neurosis of my old self. We had lunch and I went back to work and that was almost the highlight of my week.

I say thay because I didn't get to do much more than work this past week. With my schedule being what it now is, I didn't get to my parent's house, didn't get to counseling, didn't do much of much. And that has been a drag. My mom fell again this week due to the recurrence of her pain I'm sure. Not blaming myself, but I should be able to be there. One of those things you learn: everyone can't make excuses, or nothing gets done at all. So some of my following entry will address that more directly, but that's later.

The company I work for has been bought out by a national corporation, so there are changes coming. I don't know if they'll be beneficial changes or not; only that no matter what anyone ever says, when ownership changes, everything else follows along. I'm not particularly worried, but I'm intersted to see how the rank & file deal with it.

October's nearly done, autumn pastels adorn the landscape, and I'm in Hubbard getting laundry done. I've worked on my living room, I'll finish in there, vacuum my bedroom and go through my mail. By then it'll be time to hit the dealership for my service appointment. First time in my life I've ever had that experience.  Then, home to do a bit more, and on to my dad's thing. For whatever reason, he's getting a scholarship named after him today. I'm always glad for his acknowledgements, but I really don't want to do this football game. I will go to respect my father, though.

Okay, need some breakfast and the clothes are in the dryers now, so on with the day.  I thank you, Father, for life that some people I know are not blessed with this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment