Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2019

...so yesterday my dad received the honor of a scholarship in his name, for his work with the Ebony Lifeline Support Group and their annual banquet.  I know he's as happy as a clam in a box of shells, and i'm happy for him.  that's him, with the color-coded umbrella, if you couldn't guess.

it's sunday.  it's been a long day, long enough for certain.  i'm ready to get the work week started.  it's my last two weeks where i am; the adventure will continue at another venue, and i'm glad about that.  glad and sad: melancholy.  i have been with my job almost 2 years.  they hired me when no one else was.  i learned about the developmentally disabled community, of which i'd been on the perimeter of but never had viewed it from the inside.  i probably don't have that angle now, but i'm closer than i was and i'm honored that I've been able to see it from at least this perspective.  i've learned a lot, and i've been glad to be able to do so.  but i need to have more time to do the stuff that i have to see through.  and this is not giving me the opportunity to do that.  not to mention, there are some things that are just a bit...unsettling where i am, and have been for many months now, and i would love to be in a healthier environment.  i hate leaving behind the couple of people i truly care about, but i know they won't be there much longer either, and that makes me happy too.

i went to see my mom today, paid her bills for her, typed and printed some things on their computer and went to my meeting.  i came home and ate my lunch, got to work on a soup that i prepped for yesterday and only got to make today, and now i'm going to write a bit on my book before i take my shower.

the weekend has been rather peaceful. and you know, i have no complaints about that.  thank you, Father, and congratulations again, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment